Franz Richard Unterberger, Austrian artist, 1838-1902. He was a romantic style painter of landscapes, genre, architectures, and water scenes. Unterberger is best known for his scenic paintings of Italy, which feature intimate views as well as large vistas of the country’s iconic cities. His romantic atmospheric style of oil painting remains very popular and Franz Richard Unterberger paintings can be found in important museum collections throughout America and Europe. -- The Copyright of Scripts is Reserved by Toperfect.
The Auction Records / Prices of Works by Franz Richard Unterberger
Franz Richard Unterberger was an Austrian painter known for his depictions of stunning mountain and coastal landscapes, especially his works depicting the Italian and Swiss Alps. Here are some notable auction records of his works:
1. "Venetian Canal Scene" sold for $167,650 at Christie's London in 2008. The painting depicts a view of a bustling Venetian canal scene, complete with gondolas and ornate architecture.
2. "The Grand Canal, Venice" sold for $149,000 at Sotheby's London in 2016. This painting shows the beauty of the famous canal in Venice, with gondolas and boats docked along the water.
3. "The Ruins of Rome" sold for $64,900 at Sotheby's New York in 2015. Unterberger's expertise in depicting architectural details is evident in this painting, which shows the ruins of ancient Rome in all of their grandeur.
4. "The Bay of Naples" sold for $62,239 at Bonhams London in 2014. This oil painting captures the tranquility and beauty of the Bay of Naples, with lush greenery and the calm waters of the bay serving as a backdrop.
5. "An Alpine Pass" sold for $71,700 at Sotheby's New York in 2011. This artwork is a stunning portrayal of the majestic Alpine mountain range, with snow-capped peaks and a group of travelers making their way through the pass.
6. "A view of the Amalfi coast" sold for $51,240 at Sotheby's London in 2007. The painting features a picturesque view of the Amalfi coast, with a town perched on a cliff above the shimmering blue Mediterranean sea.
Overall, these auction records show that Unterberger's works continue to be highly sought-after by collectors who appreciate his skillful depiction of mountain and coastal landscapes. His paintings convey a sense of grandeur, awe, and wonder that have captured the imaginations of art enthusiasts for generations, the prices of Franz Richard Unterberger's works vary depending on factors such as the medium, size, and subject matter of the painting, as well as the auction house and location of the sale. However, his masterful handling of light, color, and perspective in his depiction of landscapes has made Unterberger's works highly sought-after by collectors around the world..
The Biography of Artist Franz Richard Unterberger
Franz Richard Unterberger (1838-1902) was an Austrian painter known for his landscapes and cityscape artworks. He was born in Innsbruck, Austria, and began his artistic training at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna where he studied under the painter Albert Zimmermann.
Unterberger became interested in landscape painting, particularly works featuring snow-capped mountains and alpine valleys. As his reputation grew, he was commissioned to create several paintings for the royal family of Austria-Hungary and other prominent patrons.
In the 1870s, Unterberger settled in Naples where he remained for much of his life. He was particularly interested in the movement of light across the landscape, which he captured in his landscape artworks. His works often featured picturesque cityscapes, seaside views, and the peasants and fishermen of the local communities.
Unterberger traveled extensively throughout Italy, visiting Venice, Rome, Florence, and other cities, and capturing the charm and character of each place in his works. As well as his wonderful landscape artworks, he was also a skilled portrait painter, paintings portraits of several notable people in Austria and Italy.
Unterberger's works were exhibited widely throughout Europe, including at the Royal Academy in London and the Edinburg Exhibition in Scotland. His paintings were known for their exacting detail, vivid colors, and their ability to capture the unique character of each place he depicted.
Today, Unterberger's paintings are held in many prominent private collections and public museums throughout the world, and his legacy as a skilled landscape and cityscape artist continues to inspire and influence artists and art enthusiasts alike.
Analyses Famous Paintings by Franz Richard Unterberger
Franz Richard Unterberger was known for his stunning landscape paintings, particularly those set in the Italian and Swiss alps. Here are some analyses of famous paintings by Franz Richard Unterberger:
1. "The Grand Canal, Venice" - This painting depicts the famous Grand Canal in Venice, and is one of Unterberger's most famous works. The painting is notable for its vibrant colors and detailed depictions of the boats and waterfront buildings. Unterberger's attention to detail is evident, with the reflections on the water and the intricate architecture of the buildings making the painting incredibly realistic. The dramatic sky and sunlit buildings create a sense of movement and energy in the painting.
2. "The Bay of Naples" - In this painting, Unterberger captures a tranquil moment on the Bay of Naples. The painting's most prominent feature is the bay, with Unterberger using vibrant, bold colors to showcase the still waters and lush greenery. The use of chiaroscuro, or the contrast between light and dark, is evident in the painting's depiction of the deep shadows cast by the trees on the right. Unterberger's use of color creates a calming and serene atmosphere in the painting.
3. "In the Greenhouse" - This painting depicts a greenhouse overflowing with colorful blooms, and showcases Unterberger's talents in painting intricate and delicate details. The painting is filled with vivid and saturated colors, capturing the vibrancy of the flowers and the intricate glass of the greenhouse. The use of light is also striking, with the sun filtering through the glass ceiling and bathing the scene in a warm, golden light. This painting is an example of Unterberger's versatility, and his ability to capture beauty in even the most domestic of settings.
Overall, Unterberger's works are celebrated for their breathtaking landscapes, masterful use of color and light, and attention to detail. His paintings capture the beauty of nature through idyllic depictions of the Italian and Swiss alps and tranquil moments that evoke a sense of peace and serenity.
The Features of Artworks by Franz Richard Unterberger
Franz Richard Unterberger (1838 – 1902) was an Austrian painter who was best known for his beautiful landscape and cityscape artworks. Here are some of the features of his artworks:
1. Attention to Detail: Unterberger was renowned for his meticulous attention to detail. His paintings were noted for their realism and vividness, depicting the subtle variations in light and colour that he witnessed in his surroundings.
2. Vivid Colours: Unterberger's paintings were also known for their bright and vivid colours, which he used to great effect in his depictions of landscapes and cityscapes. He often employed contrasting colours to create a sense of depth and visual interest in his works.
3. Skilled Use of Light: Light was an important element in Unterberger's artworks. He had a keen eye for the effects of light and shadow in his scenes and used it to create a sense of mood and atmosphere.
4. Accurate Depictions: Unterberger was well known for his accurate depictions of landscapes and cityscapes, including views of the Alps, Italian coastlines, and various European cities. He captured the distinctive features of each location, conveying their unique character and charm.
5. Romanticism: In his later works, Unterberger became influenced by Romanticism. His paintings often featured idyllic scenes of nature or old-world cities, imbuing them with a sense of nostalgia and romanticism.
Overall, Unterberger's artworks were characterized by their attention to detail, use of vivid colours and light, and accurate depictions of the locations he depicted. The legacy of his beautiful paintings continues to captivate art enthusiasts and inspire artists today.
Why Choose Franz Richard Unterberger Art as Home Decor?
Franz Richard Unterberger's artwork is renowned for its breathtaking natural landscapes and architectural details, which capture the essence of stunning locations such as the Italian and Swiss Alps. Here are some reasons why you might consider choosing Unterberger's artwork as home decor:
1. Captivating scenery: Unterberger's paintings are filled with dynamic vistas that capture the natural beauty of the world in a unique and captivating way. Displaying his artwork in your home can add a sense of wonder and awe to your living space.
2. Timeless appeal: Unterberger's artwork has a timeless quality that makes it a great addition to any home decor. His paintings are known for their vivid natural colors, which create an atmosphere of both warmth and tranquility.
3. Inspiring: Unterberger's art inspires adventure and a sense of travel. Viewing Unterberger's art in your home can serve as a reminder of the beauty of the natural world and inspire you to plan your next adventure.
4. Investment value: Owning an original painting or high-quality print by Unterberger can make for a valuable and worthwhile investment. His work continues to be highly sought after by collectors and is expected to continue increasing in value.
5. Personal expression: Displaying a piece of Unterberger's artwork in your home can express your own love of nature and art, and add a touch of personality and creativity to your living space.
Overall, Unterberger's artwork is a great choice for home decor due to its captivating scenery, timeless appeal, and inspiring qualities. His unique and captivating landscapes are sure to add style and elegance to your living space.
How to Use Franz Richard Unterberger Oil Paintings as Wall Decor
Franz Richard Unterberger's oil paintings are beautiful works of art that would make a stunning addition to any wall decor. Here are some tips on how to incorporate his artworks into your interior design:
1. Consider the Room: Think about the room that you plan to display the painting in. The subject matter and color scheme of the painting should complement the overall design of the room. For example, a painting of a snowy mountain scene might look beautiful in a cozy living room with warm, earthy tones.
2. Choose a Focal Point: If you're using the painting as a focal point, make sure that the area around the painting is relatively simple and free of clutter. A large painting with intricate details and vibrant colors looks best when it's allowed to be the centerpiece of the room.
3. Frame and Hang Appropriately: Choose an appropriate frame for the painting to help highlight the artwork and to protect it from damage. Consider hanging the painting in a well-lit area, allowing the colors and details to shine.
4. Pair with Other Artworks: You can also pair an Unterberger painting with other artworks to create a gallery wall. Mix and match paintings with similar color schemes, themes, or frames to create a cohesive look.
5. Consider Size and Placement: Make sure to choose the right size of painting for the wall space. Larger paintings are better suited for larger walls with higher ceilings while smaller pieces work best in tighter spaces. Consider positioning the painting at eye level or slightly above for optimal viewing.
Overall, Franz Richard Unterberger's oil paintings bring beauty and charm to any home decor. With careful consideration of placement, framing, and complementary decor, you can create a well-rounded and inviting living space.
Franz Richard Unterberger: Handmade Oil Painting Reproduction vs. Prints
If you're considering adding a Franz Richard Unterberger painting to your home or office decor, you may be wondering whether to choose a handmade oil painting reproduction or a print of his artwork. Here are some factors to consider:
1. Quality: A handmade oil painting reproduction is a higher quality option than a print. A reproduction can capture the exact texture, brushstrokes and subtle details of the artist's original painting, while prints only replicate the image without the tactile texture.
2. Value: A handmade oil painting reproduction is often more valuable than a print as it's an actual work of art with added emotion and personal touch of the artist, rather than a reproduction of the art. It is likely to hold its value over time.
3. Authenticity: A handmade oil painting reproduction is also the more authentic option as it is created by a skilled craftsman using high-quality materials based on the original artwork (in this case Unterberger's paintings), whereas a print is a mass-produced copy.
4. Price: Reproductions can be more expensive than prints, however the added value and authenticity is worth the added cost for those who have appreciation for fine art experiences.
5. Aesthetic: While prints of Unterberger's paintings offer a less expensive option to enjoy his artwork, the beauty and charm of his painting often lies in the intricate brushwork and details. These details are not always captured in prints.
Overall, if authenticity and quality are important to you, then a handmade oil painting reproduction of a Franz Richard Unterberger's artwork is a better choice. However, if you're looking for a more cost-effective option, then a print of the artwork is a good alternative for those who still want to enjoy the beauty of his works.
The Paintings of Franz Richard Unterberger Reproduced by Toperfect
1. Hand-painted vs. printed reproductions - Hand-painted reproductions can be more expensive, but they often have a more authentic look and feel as every brushstroke is unique. Printed reproductions, on the other hand, are cheaper and more widely available, but they may lack the individualized feeling of a hand-painted piece.
2. The quality of materials - The quality of materials can have a significant impact on the long-term value and appearance of a reproduction painting. Oil paintings on high-quality canvas and using professional-grade paints are likely to look better over time.
3. Source of the reproduction - Some companies may use digital scans to create reproductions, while others use professional artists to paint each reproduction individually. The source of the reproduction can have a significant impact on the final quality and appearance of the piece.
Overall, when considering purchasing a reproduction of a Franz Richard Unterberger painting, it's important to research the company, their methods for reproduction, and the quality of the materials they use.
23 Franz Richard Unterberger Paintings for Sale. Satisfaction Guaranteed 100%!